A UNIQUE AND POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP
A powerful partnership has been founded by two statewide non-profits -the Virginia Association for Parks and the Garden Club of Virginia working together with Virginia State Parks – the largest public-private collaboration in the 80 year history of our parks.
With a lead challenge grant of $500,000 committed over five years from the Garden Club of Virginia we expect and encourage more “partners” to join the effort. The working goal is to raise $5 million to ultimately provide new, innovative and engaging exhibits at 13 state parks. They will interpret our state’s cultural and natural history for all ages while promoting a healthy active outdoor lifestyle for our citizens. The project has been endorsed by the Governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe and his wife Dorothy.
- Field Note Friday - A Sneak Peak of Spring April 24, 2015
- Hungry Moms Love Hungry Mother for Mothers' Day April 23, 2015
- The 7th Annual YakAttack Fishing Tournament at Twin Lakes April 21, 2015
- 14 compelling reasons why you should visit this Virginia State Park April 20, 2015
- Coyotes: The Sights and Sounds of Sky Meadows April 19, 2015