A UNIQUE AND POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP
A unique and powerful partnership has been formed between two statewide non-profit organizations—Virginia Association for Parks and the Garden Club of Virginia—working together with Virginia State Parks, to raise $5 million in private funding for what is the largest public-private collaboration in the 80-year history of the state park system.
This 6-year campaign, endorsed by Governor Terry McAuliffe and the First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, will result in a total of 13 state park visitor centers with new, innovative and engaging exhibits that will interpret our state’s cultural and natural history for all ages while promoting a healthy active outdoor lifestyle for our citizens.
- Field Note Friday - A Sneak Peak of Spring April 24, 2015
- Hungry Moms Love Hungry Mother for Mothers' Day April 23, 2015
- The 7th Annual YakAttack Fishing Tournament at Twin Lakes April 21, 2015
- 14 compelling reasons why you should visit this Virginia State Park April 20, 2015
- Coyotes: The Sights and Sounds of Sky Meadows April 19, 2015