A UNIQUE AND POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP
A unique and powerful partnership has been formed between two statewide non-profit organizations—Virginia Association for Parks and the Garden Club of Virginia—working together with Virginia State Parks, to raise $5 million in private funding for what is the largest public-private collaboration in the 80-year history of the state park system.
This 6-year campaign, endorsed by Governor Terry McAuliffe and the First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, will result in a total of 13 state park visitor centers with new, innovative and engaging exhibits that will interpret our state’s cultural and natural history for all ages while promoting a healthy active outdoor lifestyle for our citizens.
- What I Love About Chippokes Cabin 4 March 1, 2015
- Profiles & Programs: On the Road Less Traveled, but Most Visited February 28, 2015
- 15 things to try in 2015 at Virginia State Parks - part I February 27, 2015
- We Listen February 26, 2015
- One thing leads to another February 25, 2015