A UNIQUE AND POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP
A unique and powerful partnership has been formed between two statewide non-profit organizations—Virginia Association for Parks and the Garden Club of Virginia—working together with Virginia State Parks, to raise $5 million in private funding for what is the largest public-private collaboration in the 80-year history of the state park system.
This 6-year campaign, endorsed by Governor Terry McAuliffe and the First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, will result in a total of 13 state park visitor centers with new, innovative and engaging exhibits that will interpret our state’s cultural and natural history for all ages while promoting a healthy active outdoor lifestyle for our citizens.
- First Day Hikes to Feature Team Challenge and Photo Contest November 26, 2014
- Top 10 Things to Do When Summer Fades November 25, 2014
- Green versus Black Friday November 24, 2014
- Winter Fun at Caledon State Park! November 21, 2014
- Embrace the force or unplug it! November 20, 2014