A UNIQUE AND POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP
A unique and powerful partnership has been formed between two statewide non-profit organizations—Virginia Association for Parks and the Garden Club of Virginia—working together with Virginia State Parks, to raise $5 million in private funding for what is the largest public-private collaboration in the 80-year history of the state park system.
This 6-year campaign, endorsed by Governor Terry McAuliffe and the First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe, will result in a total of 13 state park visitor centers with new, innovative and engaging exhibits that will interpret our state’s cultural and natural history for all ages while promoting a healthy active outdoor lifestyle for our citizens.
- Blue Crabs, Ice Cream and Spam October 22, 2014
- 16 Romantic Fall Date Ideas from Virginia State Parks October 21, 2014
- Are you ready to be Frightened? October 20, 2014
- Folklore Comes to Life at Pumpkins in the Park October 19, 2014
- Top Places for Photo Opportunities at Virginia State Parks October 18, 2014