An exhibit concept plan has been developed and approved for the False Cape State Park Visitor Center. VAFP is seeking a total of $300,000 to fully design and install the dramatic and informative exhibits that are planned at False Cape.
Square Footage: 2,500
Exhibit Area Square Footage: 900 (approximately)
Cost Estimate: $300,000
- Human Relationships with the Barrier Spit Island Environs
- Coast Guard lifesaving stations
- Wash Woods history/modern archaeological "middens"
- Birding and duck hunting in Back Bay
- Biological diversity: Atlantic Ocean, coastal dunes & woodland, marsh and estuary
- Reducing human environmental impacts
- Outdoor Fitness Challenge at False Cape State Park
Park Master Plan Mission Statement:
The primary purpose of False Cape State Park is to preserve the unique natural environment of this historic site at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, while providing opportunities for low-impact outdoor recreation and strong programs of environmental education and historic presentation.